Monday, December 17, 2012

Idiot extraordinaire Louie Gohmert wants to stop gun violence with more guns

By Michael J.W. Stickings

He's often our "Craziest Republican of the Day," but today let's just call him out for being an idiot:

Rep. Louie Gohmert, a Republican from Texas, says he wishes Dawn Hochsprung, the principal of the Sandy Hook Elementary School, was armed with an M-4 assault rifle when she confronted Adam Lanza, the shooter who killed 20 children.

"I wish to God she had an M-4 in her office locked up so when she heard gunfire she pulls it out and she didn’t have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands but she takes him out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids," Gohmert said in an interview on "Fox News Sunday."

Yes, but she didn't, and arming school administrators to the teeth as the way to deal with the problem of gun violence is just idiotic. 

Yes, the way to deal with Ameria's gun-obsessed culture of violence is... more guns! This is how the gun nuts think, and why they must be politically obliterated.

Otherwise:

I wish mental health were taken more seriously.

I wish guns weren't so readily available, that most gun possession were banned.

I wish this guy with evident mental-health problems hadn't had access to guns.

And I wish Louie Gohmert would just shut the fuck up.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • I can't even use my real name bc of gohmert's fanatical followers. How about we make it law to put an armed officer on ALL school campuses. Damn let the experts do their jobs and pony up the money and shut your big snout gohmert

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • I think that if those six year olds had just been packing, the outcome might have been different. And how about arming inmates in mental institutions, you nerver know when one of them might go off. Gomer's got it right. I'm buying an assault rifle for my five year old today!

    By Blogger Don Pyle, at 8:13 PM  

  • I am embarrassed to say the Gohmert is from my state, fortunately not my district. The man is completely deranged.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

  • As an ordinary UK citizen, watching these tragedies from afar, comments like these from Mr Gohmert are completely crazy. I hope something good can come out of this. We suffered a mass killing in Dunblane in 1996 and tightening of gun controls was welcomed by almost everyone in the UK.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home