Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Finding Keith Olbermann

By Richard K. Barry

For a brief moment, I thought I might post today on how little attention we pay to Glenn Beck since he left Fox. For a while there, we wrote about him, we howled about his stupidity and obnoxious behaviour, we basically invested far too much in the endeavour. I was actually going to go to his website to see what foolishness he was up to. I even had a great title for the post. It was going to be called: "Glenn Beck, Still Crazy After All These Months."

And then sanity overcame me and I realized I no longer cared. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to pay any more attention to the creepy little man.

But all of this reminded me that I haven't heard much at all from Keith Olbermann for some time, as I remembered that Keith used to be one of my favourites when he was on MSNBC every night. Always a little over the top was K.O., but these times are not normal times, and a little excitement coming from the left has always been okay by me.

I think it's possible that I am unable to get my fix of Olbermann because the particular cable channel on which he now broadcasts is unavailable in my local viewing area (as they say). No, I don't think we get Current TV in these parts (these parts being Toronto).

I take it that one can watch a fair bit of Olbermann's show, still called Countdown, on the web here. I guess I'll have to settle for the occasional clip and maybe scan the transcripts from time to time until my service provider wises up.

Of course, it's entirely possible that my general incompetence with audio visual technology is the only thing keeping me from watching the show, and not my service provider at all. That's possible too.

(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • You can get clips of Olbermann online at Current TV's site.

    By Blogger Kay Dennison, at 8:14 PM  

  • Thanks. I saw the clips. I just wasn't sure if you could get the whole show.

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 8:19 PM  

  • Someone has been kind enough to post the whole show daily on youtube. You can find it in the channel hosted by "MiniRtist". Start here and look through all the uploads she put: http://www.youtube.com/user/MiniRtist

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

  • I'll check it out. Thank you.

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home