Friday, October 28, 2005

The Libby indictment

Think Progress has the full text of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's indictment. All five counts: 1 for obstruction of justice, 2 for making false statements, and 2 for perjury.

(Trivia question: What does the 'I' stand for? Answer at bottom of post -- don't peek!)

I'll have more on this later and through the weekend, including round-ups of reaction from around the blogosphere.

I'm disappointed, if not surprised, that Rove wasn't indicted. At least he remains under investigation, however. For my take on where liberals and Democrats can (and should) go from here, see last night's round-up.

In the meantime, go check out Talking Points Memo, where Josh Marshall is doing some typically excellent work on this story, including the Niger forgeries -- lest we forget, all this comes back to the Bush Administration's manipulation of pre-war intelligence.

(Answer: Irving. I kid you not. For more on the mysterious I.L.L, otherwise known as "Scooter," see this recent piece at Slate.)

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Don't be toooooo disppointed just yet. Rove is "Official A". You know how it works. A leads to LibBy leads to C, as in Cheney. Some may not WHIG out yet, but There is a conspiracy case yet to come.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

  • Welcome, Heretik. I love your site, and I hope you enjoy mine.

    I tend to agree with you -- at least in my more optimistic moments. Ultimately, I think this does go up to Cheney.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home